Sunday, January 2, 2011

Emily's 2nd Birthday

The night before Emily's birthday she was up all night with the flu. The next day we decided we were going to wait to celebrate it until she felt better. By dinner time she was feeling better so we went ahead with the party.


This is the worst looking cake I have ever made. I saw this cake in a book and thought it looked cute and easy. The problem was, I had never made a cake in a bundt pan before. I made it after dinner and had to hurry so we could start the party. Only half came out of the pan. The cake was still warm when I frosted it. I thought it might be okay because the frosting was suppose to just drip over the sides. All I can say is that it didn't work.

The cake completely fell apart when we cut into it. We all had a good laugh as we ate it.
I didn't matter to Emily. She thought the cake was great and loved it. I guess that's all that matters. It did taste pretty good.
Happy Birthday Emily.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Emily is 2 already. What a cutie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! You'll have to practice more with bundt cakes. I have never made one before either. I don't even own a bundt pan. Although I have had a poppyseed cake that was super delicious that was made from a bundt pan. You should try to find that recipe. Emily looks like she loved her gifts. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete