Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fun Activities

One of my goals for the new year is to do more fun things with the kids. I used to let Jacob and Ali paint all the time. I rarely let Josh and Rylie paint or play with play dough. Thursday, I decided to let them first play with play dough. I forgot the whole reason for doing this and thought I could get something done while they played. After a while I found Josh playing video games and Rylie watching T.V. The play dough, of course, was not cleaned up. Once I cleaned it up, they wanted to paint. Again, thinking they would be entertained, I made bread. I just happened to look at the table when I saw Rylie trying to drink the paint water. She was soaked and paint was everywhere. By the end of the two activities, All three kids were crying and I was mad because of the mess.

Lesson learned, They want to do the fun activities WITH me, not while I do something else. I missed the whole point and paid the price. I did get a few good pictures though.



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes that is so hard... to just sit down and give them "mom time"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a ton of fun. Well...at least for the kids. I am very impressed that this is one of your goals. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete