Monday, September 14, 2009

First day of school

The first day of school was Tuesday Sept. 8Th. Jacob was not excited at all. He did not have a good experience last year. He is starting 6Th grade, which is in middle school here. I was happy that at least the school district decided to not have the high school and middle school kids ride on the same bus this year. I heard the language was horrible!



Alison was very excited and a little nervous starting 1st grade. She is always very nervous about being late, so when I took her outside to take her picture (10 minutes early) she was very upset that all the other kids were already at the bus stop and immediately started crying. This is the best picture I could get from her. The bus ended up being very late and we stood at the bus stop for a half an hour.


I was excited for the kids to start school. They have been out for over 3 months. I led a cheer after the bus left. I now wonder what some of the neighbors think. But honestly, I don't care. I still have 3 at home (which is the average amount of kids in each family in my circle).

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures. Jacob is looking so old. I love the story about Alison. Kids always want to be there first. I hope they are enjoying school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are darling. Your kids are just growing up so fast. It was fun catching up on your blog. We moved back to Utah in our same house. I miss you being here and seeing you walking to and from the school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your pictures on your blog. I hope you had a first day of school. I miss you. I hope I will see you soon. Goodbye

    ReplyDelete