Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great thanksgiving. We were invited to go to a family's house in our ward, but the kids got sick. I was lucky enough to have already bought most of the food, because of the sales, so I only had to run out for a couple of items the night before.

Everyone is waiting so patiently for the meal. It was only about 20 minutes later than what we planned. I think that's pretty good for my first Thanksgiving dinner!

Emily loved the mashed potatoes, yams and pumpkin pie.

As you can see, Rylie didn't eat much (which is normal). She is also having ice cream for dessert instead of pie because she kept chanting "ice cream" during the meal.

Jacob loved EVERYTHING!

Josh didn't eat much, but he had 3 rolls.

Alison was just happy to finally get her food. Of coarse her favorite part of the meal was the pie.

It was great to have leftovers for the first time. By the end of the weekend I froze about half of the turkey for future leftovers. I know now that our family does not need that big of a turkey. Live and learn.

1 comment: