Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hot dog Roast and Smores

For dinner we had our first fire of the year. We roasted hot dogs and made smores. Every time we roast marshmallows I remind my kids how Grandpa Burgess forbids this when we are camping due to the mess the marshmallows make. They get a kick out of it every time.




After I had thrown everything away, Jacob wanted another drink. Jokingly I told him to lay down and I would pour the water into his mouth. Of course he wanted to do it.
Joshua thought it looked fun and wanted to try it.
Of course then Alison has to do it.
And the funniest one was Emily. She wanted to do it too. By that time, I only had a drop of water left. But she did do it. She thinks she can do everything the other kids do. Which I guess most of the time she shows me that she can.

We had a great Memorial Day! We got work done and also had a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day....I can't wait to see you all in person.

    The water fight brings back old memories. Fun, Fun!

    Good on on getting Darren Stacie...I am sure he was shocked!

    Jacob is getting TALL.

    ReplyDelete