Sunday, September 19, 2010

A day in the mountains

Since we have moved to Minnesota, I have realized how much I love the mountains. While spending the week with my parents, we spent the day in the mountains. I want my kids to know what mountains are. All the way here, anytime we passed a large hill, Josh asked if it was a mountain. How sad is that?
We went to one of our favorite picnic sites. It had a large tree that had fallen down and was placed there just for us to bounce on. How nice was that. We were glad that Heather was able to come with us and bring Sarah and Becca. We really enjoyed their company.


We went on a hike before lunch. Unfortunately we ended up carrying Emily because she kept tripping on things. That just gave me and Darren a better work out.

We decided to stop our hike at this little stream. Of course, the kids spent some time throwing rocks into the water. Joshua seemed to always find the largest rock so it would splash and get us all wet.
Jacob was really thirsty after our hike. I guess he was either too tired to hold the water bottle. Now I have proof that he has as big mouth!
We roasted hot dogs and did smores. Yes, we went against Grandpa's rules of "no marshmallows". Sorry Grandpa.
Alison enjoys roasting on the fire.

We also just got to sit back and enjoy nature.
We had a great time. This was one of my favorite days of the whole vacation.

3 comments:

  1. I bet the grandparents enjoyed the day as much as you did!!! Were you in the Cottonwood canyons? When we lived in Sacramento I felt like the sun came up in the south and went down in the north without my mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping is so much fun. Loved all the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this was so fun to have you here this summer. That was a very fun day, and the whole time here was a joy for me and dad. We just have to cherish those times together. Thanks for posting all of the pictures. We love the mountains as you know...that is the only place besides the temple that I can relax and have peace. The kids are so cute. I was so thankful for the safety you had in your long trip here and home. Happy times!

    ReplyDelete