Sunday, October 24, 2010

4th of July

My kids were so excited to spend the Fourth of July with the Jensen family. They remembered all the traditions and were so happy when the dates worked out that we could be there. We went to the Murray parade. The kids favorite thing is getting the thrown candy.



After the parade we picked up Wendy's for the kids and Cafe Rio for the adults. The park we eat it at has a stream with fish in it and also water fountains that spray for the kids to play in. My kids spent most of the time in the stream. I had to look the other way because it grosses me out but the kids love it. Here Alison is hanging out with her cousin, Chloe Toyn. She is the closest girl cousin in age to Ali. Ali always enjoys spending time with her.






After the park we go back to the house and rest while the kids play. In the evening we have a barbecue for dinner then a talent show. Joshua surprised us this year by jumping up at the beginning and MC'd the show. He welcomed and thanked everyone for coming and announced each act. I was so glad he felt comfortable to be himself. Ali and Josh did a disappearing act, Rylie got up and danced, and I showed my wonderful talent of picking up things with my toes. (I consider it a great talent I have perfected while having my hands full holding someone.) After the show we get ready for the fireworks. We sit in the front yard, Darren's parents live really close to Murray park, and watch. I ended up inside with Emily. Next year she might be ready for all the loud noise. It was a long day, but so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so much fun. Sorry I didn't take you up on going to Copperton Park. It also looked like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. I love the picture of Emily in the stroller. so adorable.

    ReplyDelete