Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hogle Zoo

We used to have a membership to the zoo when we lived in Utah. Jacob was extremely interested in animals when he was younger. We know this zoo well and we will always try to go here when we come to visit. We rarely get an opportunity to have our whole family in a picture. This one actually is not too bad.
Don't you always have to get a picture of at least on of the kids drinking out of the lions mouth? This is one thing that has not changed since I was a kid. Darren thinks he is out of the picture (ha ha).
Another thing you have to do is ride the train. This is a tradition we did when I was young. The ride seems so much shorter now that I am an adult. It doesn't seem worth the money they charge, but it is a tradition and the kids love it.



We all were so excited the the tiger got up and came right up to the glass and stared Rylie down. He then licked the glass. Rylie didn't even look startled at all. It is not every day you see a tiger that close up.

Jacob is growing taller but not that tall.

Just me and my Grandpa. I think of the Mercer Meyer books when I see this picture of Josh and my Dad.

1 comment:

  1. I like the family picture. I haven't been to the zoo for a looong time. I think that will be on our list this next summer.

    ReplyDelete