Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer is here

Summer is here. This is the first time we have been on traditional school since Jacob was in first grade. We are not used to having 3 whole months of fun. I sat down with the kids the day our visitors left and we made up our summer rules and a list of what they wanted to do this summer. It was interesting to see what rules they came up with. One of the rules Jacob thought of was to have to do a variety of things in the day and not play video games or watch tv all day. I was surprised, but was very happy with the idea. He also added to clean his room (only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday) which was funny. Alison came up with: making your bed every day and getting dressed before they could eat breakfast (I think I helped her come up with that one since she would stay in her pj's all day if she could). We also decided to do one activity together during the day. Yesterday we went to the neighborhood park (see pictures below). Today we went to the library. So far they are following all the rules but it is still new. We are going to have a great summer.


1 comment:

  1. Look at that green grass and blue skies! Awwwww. I love the summer rules. I think we'll have to do something similar. We've had friends over 3 days this week. Emily is getting so big. My kids would love that climbing wall.

    ReplyDelete