Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Who are you people?"

That is one of my favorite quotes from Spongebob. It is the episode when Patrick's parents come to visit and they spend all day. Then they just happen to call each other by name and he realizes that they are not his parents and has no idea who they are. This is how I felt yesterday about my kids. Darren and I had places to be that overlapped times. I took Emily with me. We thought Jacob would only have to babysit for 15 minutes but it ended up being about an hour and a half. When I walked in the door, they were circuit cleaning. They had already done their rooms and the bathroom and was just finishing up the family room. I was SHOCKED. I rewarded them by letting them watch a movie and have a picnic lunch on the family room floor. They were awesome all day yesterday. I still think "Who are you people?"

2 comments:

  1. I love that spongembob episode too...and spongebob pretends to be dumb so Patrick looks smarter. Tee hee. Wouldn't it be nice if our children were that awesome all of the time. I'm guessing it was because it was Darren's Birthday. Either way...what a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that?! I am sooooo jealous

    ReplyDelete